Friday, September 10, 2010

Steve Carell is Funnier Than You'll Ever Be

Often times, people try to introduce new things to me. In my own special world, I'm way too cool for these trends. Then, when I least expect it, I fall madly in love with whatever I was trying to avoid. My sophomore year of college, I was living with Casey, who was the me of East Longmeadow. Every Thursday, while I was arguing in the hallway, Casey would be in the room watching The Office. I never watched a full episode and the parts that I did see weren't THAT funny. After me a Casey broke up, I never thought about watching The Office again until my cousin/child Stephanie tried to convince me that it was the greatest show on television. Obviously, I was having none of that. Then after a long awaited Steeler Super Bowl win, I briefly tuned into the new episode was called Stress Relief. It was so chaotic that I turned it off after a good woohaha. Fin.


Eventually, I stopped wasting money and reactivated my Netflix. While beefing up my queue, I added all five seasons of The office, with no real intention of watching them. I really just wanted to find the fire episode that had me LOLzing into oblivion. But since I didn't know what season it was, I had to start from the beginning. After the watching the first two seasons, I updated my resume and sent one to Dunder Mifflin. I want Michael Scott to be my boss. I have a whole bunch of nonsense trinkets from The Office, including but not limited to a Sabre aluminum water bottle. Blanyway, I recently saw Dinner For Schmucks and it was decently funny. I saw the original French version of the film like three years ago, so I already thought I was better than everyone else in the movie theater. 


As we all know, Steve's contract is over at the end of the next season. Dunder Mifflin needs a new office manager, and the only person who I would love to see in that position, mainly so we can get to the bottom of that beef is Toby. I will also accept anyone else who is way less qualified and isn't Dwight K. Schrute or Jim. Either way no one can fill Michael's shoes, so this next and last Michael filled season needs to bring it because I have no problems turning off the television after 30 Rock AND my muffin top is all that. 


Steve Carell: We salute you.



No comments:

Post a Comment